Post by admin on Sunday, May 31, 2015 | No comments
Getting all the correct information is essential when purchasing your granite or quartz worktop. Here are 10 questions you should ask your granite worktop supplier:
1) Can you show me samples of the stone?
“We can definitely provide you with granite and quartz samples, all you have do it ask. We can also show you examples of previous worktop installations so you can see the stone and quality of work in person.”
2) What is the overall process?
“The overall process involves 3 stages: template, fabricate and fit. Templating is where a surveyor makes an onsite visit to create a stencil for the granite or quartz worktop and its requirements. Fabricate is where our highly experienced stonemasons use the template to create the worktop against the granite or quartz chosen. Fit is simply when our team install the granite or quartz worktop and complete the process.”
3) What do I need before templating?
“Here’s your to do list:
1) Make sure all the lower units are securely fitted before the template date.
2) Make sure the hob, sink and tap are all available on site when the surveyor visits.
That’s pretty much it.”
4) What is the turnaround time?
“We aim to work within a 3-5 day turnaround time from the template date however, this is all dependent on the current workload.”
5) How long have you been trading?
“Alpha Marble and Granite have been trading for over 10 years and have become experts of this trade.”
6) Do you fabricate the worktop or is it outsourced?
“All granite and quartz worktops are fabricated in our in-house factory. We may have to carry out minor works onsite like cutting holes or milling down any extra stone. We do not outsource any of our work, everything is carried out in-house by our very own staff whereby, all workmanship is monitored.”
7) Can I see the slab that will be used for the worktop?
“Our yard holds over 100 slabs of both granite and quartz so if you choose to go for one of these then most definitely. If you choose a stone we have to source from our well trusted granite and quartz suppliers we can arrange for you to visit them or provide samples from the slab you have chosen.”
8) Do you guarantee your work?
“We are confident in our ability of producing and providing a high quality product and service therefore, we guarantee to get all work correct on the first visit. Alpha Marble & Granite provides all customers with a 5-Year Worktop Warranty that they can refer to should there be any defaults with the granite or quartz worktop.”
9) How can I maintain the worktop?
“Alpha Marble and Granite will provide you with a General Care and Maintenance guide once the granite or quartz worktop has been installed.”
10) Do you require payment upfront?
“Alpha Marble and Granite have a specific payment process which is split into 3 parts:
1) A 5% deposit is taken to confirm your template time and date.
2) 45% payment taken after the template has been carried out. This payment means that production can begin.
3) 50% payment is taken after the granite or quartz worktop has been installed and the client is happy with the work carried out.”
Do you have any questions?
Post by seo on October 13, 2017
Post by seo on November 16, 2016
Post by seo on October 3, 2016
Post by seo on September 19, 2016
Post by seo on August 26, 2016